While the process of aging has some benefits, such as added wisdom due to lifetime experiences, it also comes with changing facial appearance due to skin laxity, volume loss, and the development of fine lines and wrinkles. Many men and women may find themselves self-conscious about these changes that occur, which leads them to speak to a plastic surgeon about the facelift procedure. Dr. Ellen Mahony of Westport, CT is excited to offer patients ways to combat the signs of aging. But when is a patient truly ready for a facelift?
Dr. Ellen Mahony describes the more common signs that a patient is a good candidate to undergo this or other cosmetic facial procedures at her office:
- You always appear angry or tired due to the development of forehead and eyebrow wrinkles
- You are unhappy with routine, temporary solutions such as dermal fillers and neuromodulators
- You want a longer-lasting result that ensures a natural appearance
- You are emotionally ready to undergo a change, and are going into the process with realistic expectations
- You are unhappy with the aged appearance you see in the mirror
- You are in good overall health and lead an active, healthy lifestyle
- You are dealing with deep creases and folds that can no longer be addressed effectively using cosmetic injectables
- You have the time available to properly recover and heal following the surgical procedure
- You are educated on the process of the facelift and understand the risks
- You are interested in having the procedure done for yourself, and not for anyone else
- You find that your age and appearance is causing missed opportunities such as career advances or personal relationships
If you agree with many of the above statements, you might be a viable candidate for the facelift procedure.
Learn more about the facelift procedure and other surgeries available with Dr. Ellen Mahony
Westport, CT area patients ready to discuss the procedures available for facial enhancement are strongly encouraged to book a consultation appointment with our team by calling (203) 221-0102. Our facility, located at 131 Kings Highway North, is available for new and current patients.