Women in the Westport, CT area who have considered breast augmentation using breast implants may be unsure as to what size implant to choose. Dr. Ellen Mahony is a plastic surgeon who is seeing an increased trend towards smaller implants. This beauty trend is picking up pace as patients want more natural and subtle changes to their breast size and want to eliminate the look of having excessive “work done” with a plastic surgeon. Women continue to choose smaller implants—but why?
Reasons women are choosing smaller implants
There are many things to consider when it comes to choosing the size of breast implants, and there are several speculations regarding why this trend is becoming more popular. Below are just a few of the reasons why women are selecting smaller implants than previous years:
- Women want a more subtle change to their appearance with the understanding that “less is more.”
- Women want to ensure that their breast augmentation looks natural and is not obvious or extremely noticeable.
- Women are becoming more active in sports, enjoying leaner bodies and considering smaller breast implants that won’t inhibit these activities.
- Women typically do not want others to know that they’ve had plastic surgery, and larger implants would be far more noticeable of a change.
- Women are looking for implants only to restore volume that may have been lost with aging, pregnancy, or weight loss changes.
How do I know what size to choose?
Dr. Ellen Mahony enjoys being able to work with women to find a solution that meets their needs and gives them the self-confidence they’ve always wanted. Choosing an implant size is an important decision, and our team can help in selecting the right implant for an individual. We have the experience needed to choose the implant that best suits a patient’s personal desires and body frame for a natural final result.
Schedule a visit with Dr. Ellen Mahony and her team
Westport, CT area patients who are interested in learning more about breast augmentation procedures and how to achieve the most natural-looking results are invited to book a consultation with Dr. Ellen Mahony today by calling (203) 221-0102. The office is located in Westport, CT at 131 Kings Highway North and accepts new patients.