In the world of plastic surgery, almost anything is possible! This includes the enhancement of the lips. Dr. Ellen Mahony is a plastic surgeon in the area of Westport, CT who proudly offers the upper lip lift procedure for both men and women looking to improve the appearance of the cupid’s bow or shorten the distance from the upper lift to the nose. Many patients don’t realize how this area of the face can show one’s age, especially when the distance increases and the lips thin. With an upper lip lift, Dr. Ellen Mahony can restore a youthful look to the lips and face.
What are the benefits of the upper lip lift?
Dr. Ellen Mahony finds that many patients don’t realize how an upper lip lift can improve their appearance and youthfulness. Shortening the distance from the upper lip to the nose makes more of a difference than patients expect, while also creating a more defined and prominent appearance of the cupid’s bow. Additionally, the upper lip lift enhances a patient’s natural smile as it ensures that the upper teeth are more visible. The goal of the upper lip lift is to also ensure the Divine Proportion, or Golden Ratio, used to measure perfect facial balance.
Who is a good candidate for an upper lip lift?
The best candidates for the upper lip lift are men and women who:
- Are in good overall health
- Want to refine facial elements
- Ensure proper spacing between the upper lip and the nose
- Have fine lines around the lips that can cause lipstick to bleed
- Are seeking better balance and harmony in their facial structures
- Want a permanent solution for lip enhancement instead of using temporary dermal fillers
- Have realistic expectations regarding what can be achieved with plastic surgery
- Understand the risks and complications of surgery
Call Dr. Ellen Mahony of Westport, CT to learn more about the lip lift treatment
If you are considering a lip lift and want to speak to a professional about your options, now is the time to connect with our team of professionals. Call (203) 221-0102 to book an appointment with Dr. Ellen Mahony at 131 Kings Highways North.