Your First Visit
When considering plastic surgery, Westport and Fairfield, CT residents want a plastic surgeon who is skilled, board certified, and highly experienced. You want someone who listens to you compassionately and carefully and someone who wants to achieve the results you want.
That’s why you – like so many others – have chosen Dr. Ellen Mahony.
131 Kings Highway North
Westport, Connecticut, 06880
Phone: (203) 221-0102
Fax: (203) 221-1121
What to Expect
When you walk into our office, you’ll feel like a person, not a patient. Every member of our staff is personally selected by Dr. Mahony, to ensure that you’re treated with respect and supported throughout every step of your experience.
Read through the details below to ensure you’re prepared, calm and stress free. We know your time is valuable and the information here will help us to help you as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Visit the website and research procedures that you’re considering. Start to develop questions to ask during your consultation.
- Read Dr. Mahony’s résumé. Unlike many other plastic surgeons in Connecticut, she shares not just her education and professional experience, but insights into her personal interests and character as well.
- Look at the photo gallery to review the before and after results of other patients.
- Think about your goals for your procedure, your priorities, and your desired time frame, so that you’ll be prepared when Dr. Mahony asks you for those important details.
- Be prepared to talk about any health issues, current medications, and prior surgeries. It’s helpful if you write down that information before your visit.
- Thoughtfully consider your budget and financing options.
Scheduling and Registration
Ready to get started? Request a consultation online, or call us at (203) 221-0102. Just tell us two to three ideal dates, and we will do our best to accommodate your schedule. We will ask for a credit card to secure your appointment time.
We can answer any questions by phone or in person. Save time by downloading patient forms from our website to complete before your visit. Or, if you prefer, arrive 15 minutes before your appointment, and fill out the forms in our comfortable office. Please bring your current driver’s license for identification.
Meeting with Dr. Mahony
During your consultation, which will take about an hour, you’ll participate in an informative discussion about your interests, goals, and overall lifestyle, both short term and long term. Dr. Mahony wants to understand you as a unique individual. She looks forward to listening to you explain what you would like to accomplish.
Because Dr. Mahony is committed to designing a customized treatment plan that achieves your goals, your consultation is as important to her as it is to you. Dr. Mahony will perform a detailed physical exam and after, she will guide you through a discussion of:
- Your treatment choices, including advantages and disadvantages to each option;
- Guidelines for preparing for your procedure;
- What occurs on the day of your procedure, from anesthesia options to surgical techniques; and
- The recovery and healing process, including when you can return to your regular activities.
At the end of your consultation, you’ll receive a printed copy of your treatment plan, an estimate for your procedure, and a detailed follow-up plan. You will also feel as you have developed a warm relationship with a new and knowledgeable friend whom you can trust.