Rejuvenate Your Look with Injectable Fillers
Westport | Fairfield CT
At her cosmetic surgery practice in Connecticut, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ellen Mahony uses injectable fillers to fill wrinkles and lines for her Wesport and Fairfield, CT patients. She also can use these fillers to restore shape and contour to your face by adding volume to soft tissue.
Fat Transfer Fills Wrinkles and Restores Facial Volume
In addition to traditional fillers, Dr. Mahony is one of the few women plastic surgeons in Connecticut with the skills, experience, and training needed to perform fat transfer procedures as a natural alternative. As with other cosmetic injectable fillers in Connecticut, a fat transfer procedure uses tiny injections to fill wrinkles and lines or fill out aging hollows in areas such as the cheeks.
Which Fillers Are Right for You?
At your consultation, Dr. Mahony will explain all your choices to you, and then recommend the most appropriate treatment to meet your aesthetic goals, your lifestyle and your budget. Sit down with Dr. Mahony, and she’ll discuss the pros and cons of these Connecticut injectable fillers. There are two main types of fillers – those that are absorbable and those that are permanent.
Your filler treatment may include absorbable, non-permanent fillers, such as:
- Hyaluronic acid fillers such as JUVÉDERM®, Volbella®, Voluma®, Vollure®, Restylane®, and PREVELLE®. A naturally occurring, smooth soft gel, hyaluronic acid adds volume by hydrating soft tissue, smoothing away superficial wrinkles, and filling in hollows. These fillers vary based on the density of the product, longevity and suppleness. Dr. Mahony’s choice of filler for you will take into consideration each of these factors as well as your facial structure and skin tone. The goal, as always, being to achieve the perfect result for you.
- Longer-acting fillers such as RADIESSE®, Perlane® and Sculptra®. These have greater substance and structure, making them ideal for deeper tissue planes. Ellen may recommend these to help sculpt your whole face: To lift your cheeks, contour the jawline, or blend in the jowl.
- Liquid face lifts. These offer an even more comprehensive approach to nonsurgical rejuvenation. Dr. Mahony customizes a selection of neurotoxins, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®; hyaluronic acids, and long-acting fillers for an elegant rejuvenation solution for select patients.
Your filler treatment may include permanent fat transfer:
- Fat transfer procedure is also a great option that uses your body’s own biologic material, fat, for sculpting. Dr. Mahony removes fat from areas such as the thighs, abdomen or buttocks, and precisely injects it into areas that need it, such as facial wrinkles or cheeks and lips.
- Your fat is processed and the smaller-sized fat cells are carefully selected as they are better to inject and include more regenerative material, providing double the benefit.
- To maximize volume and provide you with the greatest benefits, a fat transfer can be enhanced by adding dermal tissue to the fat. This is called a “dermal fat graft,” and is now available at her Connecticut plastic surgery practice.
In addition, if your skin has lost elasticity and suffered sun damage, Dr. Mahony may recommend a cosmetic treatment plan that combines injectable fillers with other skin care procedures, such as a chemical peel, thread lift a platelet-rich plasma procedure or a face lift.
See Dr. Mahony’s results: before and after injectable fillers.
Interested in Injectable Fillers?
The short answer is: yes. However, there are many things to consider such as what type of filler used and how much filler was injected. Permanent fillers such as Bellafil, Silicone and Radiesse don’t give you as many options if you are over-injected. And because these are permanent, as you age and your facial skin and bone shifts, it can appear that the lips are overstretched because the skin sags and the filler stays put. Not. A. Good. Look. Dr. Mahony takes a very artistic and careful approach to filler, especially for the lips, so that our patients do not end up with results they’ll regret later.