Where Did Your Cheeks Go (facial augmentation)
Westport | Fairfield CT
Dr. Mahony now offers a multifaceted approach to facial augmentation.
Sun damage, wrinkles and age spots can accelerate the pace of aging, leaving those beyond their 30s looking far older than they care to appear. However, the severity of the changes due to aging are vastly accentuated by the loss of volume in the cheeks, lips and chin- lending a gaunt look to our overall features. Volume loss in these areas is a telltale sign of aging, represented by hollow, sunken cheek; deflated and thinned lips and a diminished chin prominence.
Why Your Facial Proportions Are Changing (facial augmentation)
The reason for this shift in proportion is three-fold:
- Bone resorption causes a reduction in the projection of the key facial landmarks: cheek bone, upper/lower jaws and chin.
- Fat volume loss and downward shift: the curved features (shaped by fat) of the face, representing youth, are similarly resorbed. And since these pleasing features are no longer well supported by the boney framework, the residual volume slides downward contributing to nasolabial folds, “puppet” creases around the mouth and lower face heaviness.
- Reduction in skin collagen and elastin reduces the skin’s strength and elasticity, contributing to its laxity and both deep and fine lines. This trifecta of aging changes is well represented in the lips where the all three factors contribute to inversion of the lips, deflation and lost projection.
Restore a Youthful Appearance with Facial Augmentation
Dr. Mahony’s goal with facial augmentation is to restore the aesthetic proportion of the face and unify it, without disjunction between the various facial components (upper face, midface, lower face). For women, this restores the feminine curves of the face and offers a softer look, as opposed to the masculine features women unfairly acquire with aging: chiseled look, squared off jawline, angular lines and crevices, all key features of a “manly” look. And for men, facial augmentation reduces the sunken, hollow, drawn look which we associate with advancing age, low energy and poor health.
A Multifaceted Approach to Facial Augmentation
Augmentation of the cheeks, chin and lips can be performed surgically with the use of bone grafts and synthetic implants. Although these procedures were the mainstay for many years, Dr. Mahony now offers nonsurgical options which provide a variety of benefits including:
- No down time
- Minimal risks and complications
- Greater customization
- Adjustment over time, accommodating the evolving aging process
- Use of correctable filler materials
- Dermal and fat grafts combine the use of your natural soft tissue as well as regenerative cellular material from microfat for long lasting volume and rejuvenation
- Regenerative aesthetics heralds in the use of biologic DNA directed tissue to both augment and rejuvenate the face, including platelet rich plasma and stem cell materials.
Harness the Anti-Aging Power of DNA (facial augmentation)
At Dr. Mahony’s practice for Regenerative Aesthetics, the cutting edge of DNA-based biologics, provides a wealth of rejuvenating and regenerative options with multifunctional purpose. Why consider a synthetic material when you can harness the healing power of DNA?