What Is The Upper Lip Lift?
Westport | Fairfield CT
The Upper Lip Lift is an elegant and natural procedure for restoring, and/or creating, a youthful and sensuous appearance to the face and particularly, the upper lift. Although you may be thinking that a little Volbella or Juvederm will be enough to give your lips the boost and shape you need, all too often, patients acquire a very artificial and unnatural look In comparison, the Lip Lift offers a solution that is not only more comprehensive but also longer lasting- meeting he goals of volume, projection and increased lip show.
Historically, older procedures included incisions at the margin of the vermillion (wet lip) and skin portion of the lip. These approaches tended to flatten the junction and poorly hid the scars. The V-Y Advancement falls into this category. Later techniques including bull-horn or gull’s wing procedures had draw backs related to scar visibility. In contrast, the Lip Lift performed with Dr. Mahony has many subtleties including a hidden incision, the ability to uniquely customize the procedure to meet individual expectations, an option to gain more visibility of the upper teeth and a tension free closure All of these improvements contribute to a stunning, proportionate and natural result, typically without the addition of pricey commercial products.
Upper Lip Lift is the perfect choice for women (and men) seeking:
- more upper lip central fullness, aka the pucker part of our lip, or Cupid’s Bow.
- greater show of the pink part of the upper lip
- enhanced projection of the lip
- increasing the turn up/eversion of the lip
- improvement in lower face proportion
- in addition, it beautifully shortens an overly long lip, revealing the sometimes hidden upper teeth. Well-proportioned lips go a long way to restoring a youthful smile!
- reduced visibility of lip lines
- increasing the visibility of the lip landmarks- philtral columns
- combination procedures such as fat transfers and the addition of PDO threads
- an office procedure or combinations of facial surgery procedures at the main operating room
Upper Lip Lift Procedure
As one of our many selections of office surgery procedures, the Lip Lift can be comfortably performed under local anesthesia. With just a hairline incision, hidden within the rim of the nostrils and base of the nose, the design can be customized to accomplish any of the benefits listed above. Tiny stitches are neatly placed for 5-7 days and removed in the office. The barely discernible incision is neatly concealed and fast healing
Advantages of Upper Lip Lift over Fillers
Commercial fillers limit us to a repetitive, short acting, pricey and one-dimensional fix. When it comes to lip enhancement, a three-dimensional perspective is the only way to produce a natural look, long term result with the restoration of youthful proportions. Perfect for any age, natural and long lasting, it has quickly become a favorite for many.