Sculpt Your Abdomen
Westport | Fairfield CT
Life can introduce many factors into your life that cause your body to undergo drastic changes. Age, weight gain, and pregnancy are all things that can cause your skin to stretch out, leaving your body less flattering than it once was. These changes can lead to you being unhappy with how your body looks, resulting in a lack of self-confidence. Many people are turning to tummy tucks to help them get their self-confidence back and regain their youthful appearance. If you are unhappy with your body image, it can be detrimental to your quality of life. This procedure is helping give people the confidence they need to live a life full of fulfillment, and Dr. Ellen Mahony is providing her patients with world-class treatment, to give them the body that they deserve.
How Does a Tummy Tuck Work?
A tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure that looks to improve the appearance of the abdominal region. When our skin is stretched out from these external factors that you’ve experienced, it’s hard to get the skin back to how it was before. The procedure is done by removing excess skin and fat in the abdominal region and tightening the connective tissue to promote a younger, more toned appearance.
The Benefits of a Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck can provide you with benefits that will last a lifetime. Some of these benefits include:
- Stronger core: A tummy tuck helps to strengthen the connective tissue that is in your abdomen to create a more stable core. This can help improve your posture and alleviate lower back pain. It can also enhance your flexibility and overall health
- Minimize Risks: When you lose the excess skin and fat, you give yourself a better chance at avoiding diabetes, heart disease, and other diseases that can cause severe complications
- Enhanced appearance: The cosmetic results from a tummy tuck can be life-changing. With the excess skin and fat went, you can show off your contoured, youthful figure with more confidence than ever
- Prevents Hernias: With a stronger core, you alleviate your abdominal muscles from unnecessary stress. This helps you avoid experiencing problems with hernias
- Improved Self-Confidence: With a healthier, more aesthetic appearance, you can be more confident whether you’re going out with friends, hanging out with your family, or even just relaxing at home. This can relieve you from any stress or anxiety you may have been feeling from being unhappy with how you look
The Right Tummy Tuck for Your Body
There are a variety of tummy tuck styles to meet the needs of just about every belly! Dr. Mahony believes it is important to customize the approach to best meet your goals and provide the optimal aesthetic outcome:
- A mini tummy tuck removes just a little bit of skin along the lower tummy. An example would be to remove an old cesarean section scar and some nearby loose skin only.
- A modified tummy tuck removes additional skin from the lower belly, but the belly button and upper tummy are not changed. The muscles of the lower belly can also be tightened.
- A full tummy tuck includes removing the maximum amount of skin as well as tightening the upper belly skin and repositioning the belly button. The muscles of the upper and lower belly can also be tightened.
- A vertical style tummy tuck is for women who want a super tight upper tummy but don’t have enough excess skin to remove and perform a full tummy tuck. In this case a small vertical scar will be present in the midline of the lower belly, representing the original opening of the old belly button.
- An extended abdominoplasty includes a longer incision to accommodate the annoying fold, or “ledge”, of excess skin that trails beyond the front of the belly and travels toward the back flank. The beauty of this extension is that the incision and resultant scar smoothly blend into the posterior hip area in a natural crease, avoiding an obvious step-off or pucker which would be eye-catching as well as create mis-proportion between the front, side and back of the body.
- A mons pubis lift raises the sagging hanging (ptotic) pubic area and repositions it to a more natural and elevated location.
Keep in mind that although all tummy tucks include a scar(s) of variable length, the incisions heal well and lie at the belly-pelvis junction which is natural crease, identifiable on all women. The position of this crease varies between individuals. Most importantly, the incisions fade out and contribute to unveiling your beautiful proportioned body…sans belly fat, skin ledge, etc…a trade off easily worth the making! No woman ever said, “give me back my belly!”
What’s the appropriate choice for you? Come in and talk with Ellen and read her blog on the topic here. She’ll discuss your unique situation, outline your options (for example, full or mini tummy tuck), and explain what you should expect in your recovery period — all in the straightforward, honest manner that has become her trademark.
See Dr. Mahony’s results: before and after tummy tuck.
ASK DR. MAHONY
Ellen understands that by educating her patients, they become empowered. Toward that goal, she has provided her personal answers to some of the questions she is often asked by her patients considering tummy tuck surgery in Westport, Connecticut.
If you don’t see your question here or would like to find out whether a tummy tuck is right for you, request a no-pressure consultation with Ellen or call 203-221-0102. She serves tummy tuck patients from nearby communities including Fairfield, Hartford, New Haven, and Westchester, NY, and as far away as Fiji. She looks forward to seeing you soon.
I can relate to any workout obsession (read about my 2014 body building obsession!) Even though you’ll have amazing results after your tummy tuck you still need to keep the underlying muscles strong and flexible. You’ll have to wait about 6-10 weeks post-op; the time varies depending on whether muscle tightening work was done during your surgery. We’ll work together in your post-op appointment to craft a plan to slowly ramp up your activity and to get you back to crunches and other exercises for your midsection- there is no question that what you do after the surgery to finesse your results will continue to contribute to the overall result!
Dr. Mahony Has Got You Covered
If you are interested in getting a tummy tuck, Dr. Ellen Mahony is here to give you your dream body. With her experience and expertise, Dr. Mahony can ensure that your procedure is handled with precision and care. Contact us at 203-221-0102 or visit us online at www.drellenmahony.com to schedule your consultation!